Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Transition!

As I start writing my latest blog, the room is calm... no sound... The lights and the fan which used to run non stop for an entire day is now kinda confused by the silence... Simba, my dog can never make her wake up at 8:30 in the morning by barking out loud... nor will he see her hugging him or making him eat his breakfast whilst she sits by his side... Things have changed and how... 
Every girl has her moments in life... biggest ones are HER first Love... Marriage... Kids... it goes on... but of course for a girl who is more of a shy & reserved types... Marriage is a huge thing!! This is about one such girl...
I had always thought that this time would come in my life sooner than later that my parents and I will have to get my lil sister married... I didn't know that it would come in such a hurry... Further more... when we started renovating our home in that very time, little did we know that my sis would be engaged in less than a month!! Huge surprise that... Anyways now that the things are little settled, I can look back as the greatest achievement personally to my family that we could hold things together.
She was never a party goer... she has a pretty close knit people whom she goes out with... very conservative... and when she finally thought this dude was the person... we were thrilled... I was happy cos I un-cannily knew when I met Raveendra the first time that he was down to earth, cool... More I talked to him... more did I find out that he is a meticulous planner and executor of that plan... straight forward and easily said... Simple!! Probably never can anyone get a better animal for husband who can be so understanding in their first meet and patience is as if flowing in his blood along with the RBCs!!
So she got engaged in December and we all thought we had plenty of time to get things moving and get things done. Mom being orthodox wanted all the right things at right time... We started planning and little did we know, Raveendra was already planning for things to come after the marriage. I was amazed by the thought process. He rented out a place... while we were getting invitations printed... He was getting his furniture done when we were listing out people to call for the wedding...
Meantime... my little sister was very busy moving all over bangalore for obvious girly dreamy things... make up, dresses and slippers and dresses matching those slippers Jesus whats with girls and matching slippers god knows!! I would rather she did all the same with her would be hubby!! Anyways thats her call to take...
Finally the day arrived and it flew... Little can I remember now what happened those few days when I feel now that I was literally running blind but getting things done somehow. 
Now sittin in the portico I just sometimes feel I should try re-collect some intricate details but i cant... May be thats for another story altogether... Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment