Thursday, May 28, 2009

Buddy for life!!

Have you ever wondered how pet owners feel about their friends for life... I always used to wonder and longed for that feeling...
After waiting for more than 20 years for that time, I eventually got the perfect occasion... my dad's retirement... for which I had planned for more than couple of years as mentioned in my earlier post... well this was one amongst that....
This friend of mine was born on 31st March 2009... irony is that one year back I had quit my previous company for a better life and this year I have better company!! if you understand what I mean... Well "Simba", my Golden retriever came to our home on a saturday afternoon... I fell in love with this ball of fur the moment I saw him and my pal Vivek helped me get him home...
I have waited so long to post regarding him because I had to get my thoughts together... but apparently I dont have time to pen down any thoughts because of him!! He constantly demands time and attention!
There are many things I got to know about my own family... like how complimentary my parents are... for example when I got the pup, I had expected dad to blow the roof but he was calm and accepted it but mom blew the roof which was never the expected and guess who came to the rescue! Dad... he had the experience of raising a dog when he was a kid which was no surprise in the way he is handling simba now... And after a week, when dad turns a little impatient guess who calms him down... mom... who used to have her hands at her ears and scream her lungs out when simba used to wander near her is the one who feeds him everyday in the morning and night and is also the one who calms my dad when simba is too playful (which is actually all the time!!)
I must say that I under-estimated my family's commitment to my buddy... actually they are doing amazing!! He keeps my dad occupied pretty much entire day he is around home and my aunt is totally fond of him... My sister who was so afraid of dogs... now pets him and he listens to her command!! (well... not always!!) The time I was giving to my family has increased ever since my buddy has come home and he demands everybody to talk to him and play with him!! He responds to the sound of my bike and expect to cuddle him everytime I am around him... He even understands that he should not go near my mother because she is afraid of him... but and my mother somehow forget that part during his breakfast and dinner!! Ani... who used to run a mile from dogs... now feeds him with her hand... has gone to such an extent of loving him that she prepared cake when he barked for the first time!! lolz... amazing!!
It has enlightened me in many ways that having pet is a good thing but accepting its responsibility is so huge a task... Its not that simple... you have to be more patient and develop that 6th sense which makes you understand a being that doesn't understand your language!
Overall amazing feeling and I better not forget to thank Dr Manjunath Shinde, Vivek, Sriram(G5) , Kitty and my family for their support...

2 comments:

  1. That's a very lovely and an emotional post bout your buddy.... nice to see how ur folks came out of their fears reg pets... very nice.. very casual way of writing it ..

    ReplyDelete